javascript hit counter

Team, Meet The New Coach Toth


This past year I was given the opportunity to take my first steps to one of my goals. To be a football coach. Back when I played ball, I was more often then not thinking about strategy then my position. Always trying to figure out the opposition and recommending coverages, plays and personnel change for the games. My old defensive Coordinator in HS once told me I was like a coach at times.

I remember talking with my friend Darryl aka "D". We talked about trying to help out Pop Warner and coach there. Go back to the days where we learned the sport and had the most fun. He ended up being short on the time, however I was fortunate enough to get in. I was actually going to be an assistant coach, with someone I had once been a teammate with back in 1992. After 2 weeks of pre-season training and Multiple practices missed, he left the team because of personal matters. Right away I was able to add a little bit of touch to practices as the Board of Trustees discussed on what to do with the team. In a day I found out I was promoted to head coach. This was also a recommendation from the parents who came to practices and saw how I interacted with the players.

I never had a chance to instill the right training, preparations and knowledge to the kids as I would have liked to in pre-season, because we played a lot of catch up in learning the offense. An offense that kids on the team were desperate to play on. I believe that you have to be smart, tough and able to bounce back from a let down to be on Offense. I also wanted to make sure we beat the monkey off our back from the team of the past. I found out on day 2 of Pre-season the team never scored 1 point all season. This past season I am proud to say we scored close to 70 points.

From the second our season ended, I have been working on new plays, new offense (which will be another year of being the most advanced offense in our league) and defense (which I am taking over this year). I also am going to bring a part of me that was very effective in a college org I was part of. Being strict with my personal rules for the team. I do not tolerate people being late, being disrespectful to the coaches and I do not accept it from their parents either. The time for change is now.

I have been able to always turn around any club or org I belonged to by leadership and by interacting with the very people who need to be a part of the change. I am bringing to the team a motto for the year. It is one I use for myself and used for Kean University Circle K International. It is, "Why Not?"

It brings to question everyone who tells us we cannot do something. Make them have to answer to you, not you answering to them. Why not be a winning team? Why not be the best? Why not us? As time gets closer, be ready for more info on my team.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 12/05/2005 11:10:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project