javascript hit counter

1 Practice and 3 Days Away

I know I have no updated since oooooo June. Well I have found myself thinking more and more that on my way from running Bootcamp at 6:30 am and going to my other full time job, that I find myself reflecting on what is going in my life or it just time to process the events of the day before.

You do not know how much a player you coach wants to make you happy or please you until you see them cry because they could not do something right in PRACTICE. I took a step back after working with my field goal kicker who is 11 years old. He has the foot to do it and nailed 9 of 10 field goals from extra point range, which is highly impressive. However last night he made only 3 of about 15. I started to get frustrated, because having a kicker for extra point in a game could give us 2 points instead of 1.

Side note: in Pop Warner if you go through 2 overtimes still tied, your team is forced to try to kick an extra point for every time you score. Last yr the championship game between 2 teams went for 5 overtimes and had to be continued into another day. So you see the importance.

Well I could see my player's eyes watering up and we talked, explaining it is only practice and it is OK to miss, but I needed him to focus. Usually this is when I find myself taking my own advice, perhaps I am just giving the advice to my players because I know it is what I should be doing.

With our game coming up against a team we beat 33-6 last year, we are not treating them lightly. We know they want revenge, however I hate to tell them, that after we scrimmaged 2 teams from conferences bigger and stronger then ours and we basically embarrassed their teams, they better bring their A game plus more.

As for personal life, Evan is growing to be a major cutie. Definitely my son, knows how to flirt already, knows how to make dad proud. hahaha.

My business is growing nicely www.totalcorefitcamp.com. Local paper picked us up. you can read it here: http://ems.gmnews.com/news/2007/0815/Front_Page/033.html

With the new business I have found myself starting to add Team Building and Motivational Speaking/Coaching opportunities. Should be a fun ride. I will update on how the team did on Monday, I just hope my teams comes together like did for the scrimmages, because last night's practice was a C+ at best.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 8/24/2007 07:54:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project