javascript hit counter

O Grow Up

In the past week I have heard a phrase used plenty of times by different people to myself and others. The phrase, "you need to grow up." Now when someone can give me the official definition of "being grown up" and the actions that come with it, please send my way. He is what I do not get.

We spend most of our childhood wishing we could grow up. Then when you become an adult, you wish you could be a child again. However as an adult you go have work, sometimes get some free time to yourself and in that free time you may try to find some time to have fun. However, there are still people who will say "you need to grow up". I asked someone what their vision of grown up was and they could not tell me. I think it is all a state of mind and is whatever you want it to be. I know plenty of grown ups who act like a child and are fun, I know others who are cold and no personality and I know some who know how to balance serious with play.

For all those who tell someone to grow up, maybe you should look at yourself. If you cannot have fun, then let it go. I know people who think drinking a martini, dressing up all the time and hanging up artwork makes them feel all "adult like" when it contradicts their very personalities and what they really are. Don't hide behind an image of some, when your truth will show through actions. Just because you want to act "rich" and that scenario is your vision of "grown up" doesn't mean that others around are buying that crap.

So I say, live your life, laugh at everything (especially yourself), don't take life to seriously and make fun of people who fall down stairs (as long as they get up). Other then that, get the stick out your ass and remember that just because your boring and lack personality, doesn't mean the rest of us have to accept it.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 8/18/2006 02:20:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ryan,I love what you had to say about growing up.I really wish where I live some people would read what you said.I am sick of hearing it as well.When these people live in nothing but misery that they bring upon themselves and then make a blog page and tell everyone to "grow up"..Your say was put perfectly...KUDOS to you my friend..

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger apples said...

As a kid I always heard of grown ups who said as a kid they'd wished they would grow up quick and then they ended up wishing they'd been kids again.... and I just never wanted to be a grown up. I had a great childhood and although I wanted to get away from my small town, being an adult was never a goal in itself.

Maybe as a result of that (grown up, what is it really?) I try never to use the phrase "oh grow up!". I prefer mature to 'grown up'. Mature is more a way of thinking, taking all the facts into consideration, thinking about others, not just stomping your feet and going "your stupid!" whenever someone says something you don't want to hear (I think we all know some people don't *grow up* enough to get away from that).

I'd really like to be a kid all my life... But then I wouldn't be able to travel the world... and I wouldn't be able to have sex... so maybe grown up isn't so bad after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project