javascript hit counter

A Win Win Situation

I mentioned last week that we had a game coming up. Well we won 12-0, you would think my coaches and I would be happy, but we made mistakes left and right. It should had been 30-0 easy.

Defense was solid with gang tackling, however we had some arm tackling issues. this has been corrected.

So we won, which is good, but we as coaches were harder on the kids this week, because we need them to see that just because you get one win, does not mean you can let up, actually its the opposite, you need to work harder, so it is with life.

Want to know why kids are disrespectful, fat and declining in general? Their parents. Complete and total waste of being a role model. I have kids missing practice without telling me or another coach, parents who just bring them late because they didn't care. Kids eating crap before and after games and practices when as an athlete at any level you need to feed your body good food. These parents do not show these kids the right way. I have kids who think it is OK to just not show up and not let anyone know, show me one corporation in the world who allows this and Ill show you a company that is going to lose tons of money.

So I teach them. I do not play them. I tell them they show up to the games and support their teammates and when they learn that not coming to practice not only hurts the team but could hurt themselves and shows lack of respect for coaches and teammates, then I will play them again. So far have had to suspend 2 players this seasons. Only suspended 1 last season at the end of the season.

We have a game Saturday at 4:30 pm. Should be a good one. I will update again

Labels:

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 8/31/2007 09:34:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project