javascript hit counter

Blogging... Personal, Info or Entertainment?

I have been blogging for about 3 yrs now. I have had multiple sites on blogspot, one on Xanga, others I privately hosted and even had a group blog. From the beginning, "blogging" was looked to have been just writing in an online journal. Sharing some things about your life and people were happy. Now it seems like you have to almost find ways to entertain people to get them to come back.

People who write blogs are lying if they say it is purely for writing and just that. That they do not care if people are not reading or commenting on their site that they work hard on. Now you have people joining sites like BlogExplosion, Blog Clicks and everything else under the sun to create connections with other people who blog. However, when is it no longer writing for yourself and rather wondering, "hmmmm I wonder what people would like to read and comment on."

Now do not get me wrong, I am not saying this is the majority of the people, but this is a common trend I am noticing through the blogs I read. You can see where people are trying hard to come up with topics and even apologize for not writing on some days. O well, I still think there are a few good blogs out there amongst some of the crap. (this will not be a hot topic for many readers, o well)

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 12/16/2005 09:23:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Blogger Stargazer said...

I do agree that people blog to connect with other bloggers, but I don't think everyone is equally concerned about comments. Some are more than others.

I have seen posts that address the comment issue, so it obviously is a concern. I have viewed a few blogs that constantly request comments. I will 'encourage comments' when I post something and want reactions to the post. But it's not necessary for every post. I'd rather receive none, then receive a comment that really doesn't say anything. I see that a lot on blogs.

My blog is mainly a forum for my artwork and photographs, but I'll post other things if it strikes me. It really is a whim thing. I love to analyze human behavior so a discussion regarding why people blog, and blog content piques my interest.

Good post, thanks for sharing.

BTW - The crap blogs seem to get the most comments. Who cares if it's not a hot topic for many readers.

LOL :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project