javascript hit counter

Somebody's Getting Married

Well this news will be coming as a shock to some and expected by others. So many people may be asking, since when did you have a girl friend? When were you dating? How? I will get to all of that in a second. However, I did ask Dori to marry me and sad to say, she said yes. LOL

Now for some of the questions. Basic history of Dori and I. She attended a High School dance of mine back in 1997 called the Snow Ball. We caught eyes, did not really talk, but I did question her date later about who she is. We crossed paths in the Mall and the miniature golf course over the year and never had a conversation. Eventually she found me on AOL and became friends. I was dating someone and she was too. After about 6 months of chatting online, the eventual end of relationships, we went on a date. Dated for roughly 3.5 years after that. Then we started to confuse everyone around us and ourselves at times. We did not get back together until ummmmm recently. However, we have always been close and became closer through the past couple years, closer then when were dating.

So many will be asking, why now? What is the change? Eventually you sit back and notice that a lot of the answers have been right in front of you the whole time. My friends Abiola, Darryl, Dan, family and others have said it for a long time that we would end up marrying each other. Though I was out to prove them all wrong, not always believing it myself, I finally came to see that I was happiest when we were together and that she makes me a better person. Among other things, she is one of the few people on the planet that can handle my sense of humor, knows my personal struggles and has always accepted me for me.

There will be some people who will feel happy for us and there will be people who will for one reason or another be jealous, upset or even pissed at one of us, my bet, it will be at me.


So Ryan, How Did You Pop The Question?
Being the person I am and not wanting to be too traditional with a dinner or something elaborate, I had to be sneaky, funny and different. I also kept to a joke I have said for over 9 years. I always said I would ask someone to marry me with a ring from a Cracker Jacks box and see how the girl would react. If she would say yes to a plastic ring, I would give the real one. So here is how it went down.

We will meet for lunch from time to time and I just got the ring on Tuesday. So I decided, like with most things I do, if I was going to do it, to just go and do it. I went and got a cracker jack box, took out the prize, opened it carefully and took out the sticker prize. I then wrote a note that asked her to marry me and folded it to fit into the prize wrapper. I then inserted the ring inside the note, sealed the package and placed it all in the box.

I joked about how I was given the box by a co-worker and that I knew that one prize was a sticker and she goes, "I would laugh if it was the same prize." I could not have asked for a more perfect set up. So I said I finally found the prize, and opened it. With a look of being upset that its the same prize, I said, "here you can have it" and handed her the note. When she looked at the note, she turned around and with a look of shock, I was on one knee and popped the question.

With that, I kept to my ability to get her off guard and make my father proud. Thank you to all my friends and family who know already and sent their emails, phone calls and IMs. To the rest who read this, I guess I will see how many people keep to talking to me. As one person said, you would be surprised who was a true friend for friendship vs those who only wanted more.

THAT'S IT! ANY QUESTIONS? ASK! IT IS OFFICIAL... I HAVE COMMITTED SINGLE LIFE SUICIDE.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 5/04/2006 08:02:00 AM,

9 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Ms Mac said...

Well I wish you nothing but the very best!

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I iwhs you the best as well! Im so happy you found someone, I as well did.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

Congratualtions to you both!

I enjoyed reading your story, I guess it proves that no door is ever really closed for good. It also gives me hope to my current situation, which seems may be ending do logistics but maybe thing can start up again at another time when we're both on the same coast and are more settled in our lives. sorry for the TMI.

best wishes,

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

also I liked how you popped the question, it's too cute. Way to be creative and quirky. :)

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Some things are just meant to be!

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Aaron Cook said...

Congratulations to both of you! Great way to ask the question, btw.

And may your marriage be a sweet and lasting prize in itself.

Best always,
Aaron

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't been here in a while, but wow! Congratulations on getting engaged! I didn't even have a clue you had a girlfriend lol I know I don't know you well, but I'm very happy for you and your future wife! Best of luck to you both :D

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't last

 
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

~ C.K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project