javascript hit counter

H.S. Convo: Timeline

It was June of 1998 and about midnight me and 2 guys I have been friends with since 4th and 7th grade stopped in a local park in our town. Just hanging out and talking. We don't remember what prompted the talk, but we all got into the dreams of the real world. We were done and finished with our High School lives. One of the topics that came up was our personal time lines. Where did we want to be when we grew up?

I was talking with one of the guys 2 nights ago while having a drink in hand, it hit me, our time lines weren't that far off or out of reach. I can remember some of my major goals.
  1. Finish School in 4 years
  2. Get a good and stable job by 22
  3. Married by 27
  4. Kids by 29

I stopped there, because as I learned early in life, you can die young and I wanted to have a short term plan. I didn't grad in 4 years, it was 5.5 years after 4 different majors (I don't regret it). I have been with the same job for 5 years and moving up the pay scale. As much as I do not always like it, it is all relative to the fact that it is stable and I have job security. As for the rest following that, we will see. I'm 25 now and still have plenty of time to let life happen.

I actually forgot about that timeline until this past week. Life is funny on how many people will effect your life and then leave just as fast. Sometimes their effects on you last, sometimes they just fade into the shadows. I will not forget that summer or that conversation, because it was like a scene from a movie and it was so raw in just pure innocence. Not knowing what was awaiting us in the future weeks. But I cannot wait to see what life will be like when we are all married and have kids, because we joked about that as well. That is just one convo I will keep between the 3 of us.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 12/20/2005 08:46:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing ever goes as we plan. thats life! great post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project