javascript hit counter

One Month Huh?

I do not know why I get so annoyed at it, but why do some people celebrate "monthly anniversaries"? Especially 1 month! See I would not have been set off by this, if I didn't come across a profile on my MySpace which has this as the girls title:

I think if you are celebrating 1 month, you will have a terrible relationship, especially if I was the bf. Why? It is showing your celebration for such a small time frame. You are showing you have a hard time making it this far. Its like "OMG, let go look at rings, because we talk online all the time and see each other maybe 2 times a week"

Listen, I firmly believe there are a few stages in a relationship (normal ones where you see the person)

1-3 Months - Honeymoon, everyone is happy, maybe have a few arguments here. However usually in 1 month you decide if this will go for another 2 months.

3-6 Months - Testing the waters on this person. You may have some spats and wanting to kill them, however this is where you are really getting to know the REAL person.

6-9 Months- Hopefully it is not only about sex. However this is what I call the fight or flight time. Are you goin to stik around and waste your time or is there something really there.

9-12 Months- hey what the hell you made it this far, lets start getting ready for 1 yr celebration (this is ok). Start to think to self, hell if anything, lets just make the yr.

Start most of cycle over again, however there is more talk of a solid future, trust is challenged and people get neurotic. Girls talk marriage, guys fear freedom. Either way, its a fun ride.

JUST DON'T CELEBRATE ANYTHING UNDER A YR, ITS A FUCKING JOKE! Thank you... Plus it saves money.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 2/16/2006 12:42:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there's something wrong with me but fight or flight time comes for me in like the first week...

probably why i've never had a long term relationship...

ok def. dont wanna get all Dr. Phil on here...

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We only celebrated our 1 year, but I usually mention it at the half marks, but it is nothing more than, "Hey, guess what today is. It's our year and a half mark."
By the way, the year and a half mark is March 25th! WOO HOO!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger TaraMetBlog said...

I'm terrible at remembering dates so good thing I've never celebrated inconsequential anniversaries like two months, etc. I've also never made it to the year mark with anyone to celebrate that one, but that would be the only one I could see doing something special for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project