javascript hit counter

What is it About Pick-up Lines?


Ever notice, like a bad kiss you can remember some terrible pick-up lines? Why is that? To dive even deeper into this, why does it seem to work on people? Ok, the standard answer will always be, "bc it gets my attention" or "its different". No, here is the reason, because they actually came up to you. See, myself would suffer from fear of rejection. I don't like it, I won't deal with it. However some people get rejected all the time and just keep going at it. This is great for them. That is how the following equation all adds up. Ugly + Beautiful = Couple. It is that easy.

However I do enjoy pick-up lines and here are few (Dan, some will blow yours away):
To the Point
- Do you sleep on your stomach? No. Can I?
- I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles, and even farther for that thing you do with your tongue.
- If I were to ask you for sex, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?
- I'd like to wrap your legs around my head and wear you like a feed bag.
- Do you wanna have kids with me??? No? Then do you just wanna practice?
The Interesting
- Do you work for UPS? 'Cause I swear I saw you checking out my package!
- Is your name Gillette? ...Because you're the best a man can get.
- True, there are a lot of fish in the sea, but you're the only one I'd like to catch and mount back at my place
- You make me so nervous and flustered, I've completely forgotten my standard pick-up line.
- Have I seen you before? OH yeah it was in the dictionary under the word KABLAM!!!
The Slick and not surprised if it worked
- I may not be the best looking guy here, but I'm the only one talking to you.
- Be unique and different, say yes.

Now I have only witnessed a few really be used and work and I have had a few said to me. Usually I used to get "are you legs tired? Because you been running through my mind all night". C'mon people I know you talked about the terrible kisses what about the pick-up lines?

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 2/28/2006 01:58:00 PM,

12 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger newsgirl said...

Kris and I got the other night "I will get tested for you, if you want"...now that was something that I never thought anyone would ever use to pick up a girl with. And we always get "Hey can I buy you a drink"...when we are at a bar and it's Ladies night. Gotta love the good ones ya know.
-Jen

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Valentine's Day one of my students told me the line he used on his girlfriend:

Student: I bought my girlfriend 11 real roses and 1 fake one. I told her that when the last of these roses dies is when I'll stop loving you.

The mere fact that she is now his girlfriend makes me lose a lot of faith in my gender... and all faith in desperate high schoolers around Valentine's Day...

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Dan C said...

Don't mess with the master...

"Is that a ladder between your legs or a stairway to heaven?"

"This face is leaving in 5 minutes. Would you like to be on it?"

"Can I have your friends number? I'll need to call her in the morning so I can tell her where to pick you up."

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Total Core Fitness Bootcamp said...

Let's Go Larry King... This is a Pick Up Line Stand Off. LOL

"I'm trying to determine after years of therapy and lots of testing, whether or not I'm allergic to sex."

"Wanna come and see my Hard Drive? Babe, I promise you it ain't 3.5 inches and it sure ain't floppy."

"Why don't you come over here, sit on my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that pops up?"

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No Ryan, Dan is just trying to give you some pointers since your the one without a girl. He had to blow the dust off his lines to share them with you :) JK!!!!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Dan C said...

Oh it's on...
...and quit stealin' my lines from '05 ;-) ...

"Wanna do some math? Let's add you to me, subtract our clothes, divide our legs, and multiply!"

"If I could rewrite the alphabet, I'd put "u" and "i" together."

"My watch can tell me what you're wearing, and it says that you don't have any underwear on. Oh, you do? Damn, it's an hour fast again..."

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger thejerseydevil said...

My buddy used this on a hot comedy club owner and it pissed her off... "You know for the owner of a comedy club you dont have much of a sense of humor!"

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha dan, i would take a lot of pleasure in slapping a guy who used that watch and underwear line... but i would definitely be hysterical laughing the whole time... where did you get that one? it is most certainly original

Don't cry Ryan, i love your lines too.. :-p

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Total Core Fitness Bootcamp said...

It's Still on Brotha

"I may not have gotten your virginity, but can I at least have the box it came in?"

"Do you have sex with strangers? Then allow me to introduce myself!"

"Your body must be VISA, because you're everywhere I want to be"

"Would you meet me in the courtyard at midnight? I'd like to see which is more beautiful, you or the moonlight"

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Dan C said...

Very nice, you're gettin' better! Try these on...

"Your place or mine? I'll flip a quarter...head at my place, tail at yours."

"That's a nice shirt. Can I talk you out of it?"

"Let's do breakfast tomorrow. Should I call you or nudge you?"

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can see this going on forever! Can we just call it a truce. You know Ryan, Dan got me.. so you know he's got some good ones up his sleeve!

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite is this:

I have a 7 inch tongue and I can breathe through my ears.

Nice topic.

D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project