javascript hit counter

New Year Resolutions

This is that time of year where we all make self promises to get in better shape, financially in order and whatever else comes to mind. It is a time to look ahead and plan to the future and start with a clean slate. Right... With that said, I don't think a clean slate is starting he new year with credit debt from the year before.

I often disagree with people saying "I'm going to lose weight", mainly because they do not give a timeline. As a personal trainer it makes me insane when people say they want to lose weight, but have no goal and no timeline. The other part is how people will just jump into a gym membership, go hardcore for 2 weeks and then burn themselves out. Also, like before, without a plan or goal. Sure I am happy when some people stop going to the gym in 3-4 weeks, because it opens more room for myself to workout and do what I have to do to keep my body in shape. I recommend to not make losing weight a goal, but to find something to strive for that you should train for. Train for a mini-marathon, a walk-a-thon, a birthday, holiday anything in which you know there is a timeline and a motivation.

For myself, I plan on challenging myself more this year. Here are list of challenges I have come up with so far.
  1. Compete in a Triathlon (April,May June one of those months)
  2. Compete in a mini-marathon (Fall)
  3. Clean out all credit debt by April
  4. Be more decisive and follow with my heart more.

To do a Triathlon and Marathon it will challenge me on all levels. Mentally, physically and spiritually with myself. To push my body further and to push myself to the limit while I still can. I live with the N.O.W. (no opportunity wasted) mentality.

Whatever you choose for your resolutions, just remember its always easy to change, easier to quit and not do it, but the benefits far outweigh the negatives if you follow through. Also, one last word of advice for those who are trying to lose weight. Do not try and make your body look like someone else's, because you won't, because of genetics. Just remember you make the best of what you have to work with and be happy with your results and how you look.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 1/03/2006 12:22:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good call on that following your heart thing..keep up the good work hon!! muah

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Em said...

Sending you positive energy for your healthy lifestyle! I think it's great whenever anyone takes control of their physical condition and reaches for admirable goals.

May I make a suggestion if you're looking for even more challenges? (Too bad you can't say no) I suggest challenging yourself to take underwater kickboxing with resistance weights... it's a REALLY great workout, especially if you're training to do a triathlon.

You have a great year, and keep positive!

-A sick workout nut ;)

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my resolution is to take more naps

so far ive been doing pretty well

wow, im seriously catching up on my Ryan-blogging tonight... ive missed this ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project