javascript hit counter

Where Are The Laughs?

So I am in this flag football league for adults. We play tues nights and is often a night filled with jokes and just having a good time. Last night, our team had only 5 players (need minimum 7). The other team luckily only had 6 but picked up one of their friends from the stands to play. So one of the refs was looking to the sideline and saying, hey you can play for the black team (my team). I look over and start laughing because I told this person I would put them in the game if we were short and they should wear black. Yes ladies and gentlemen, it was Dori aka my fiance (from earlier posts on this blog you know the story).

She gets on the field and people are laughing because of the fact a girl is playing and she almost sacked the QB a few times. People start coming in from the lobby to watch this event and us just rolling on the ground laughing at how pathetic the game is going (because neither team was filled and everyone is just doing whatever). People in the stands shouting "give the girl the ball" and the refs threatening the orange team if they black the ball from her, he's throwing a flag (which he did often to them). However some people were so bent on trying to win the game and others are just out to have fun. I was a bit surprised though to see that my team, the team that doesn't care about winning, just having fun and joking around, was all the sudden starting to worry about winning. Not joking, not shouting "BLUM", just was getting fed up.

I mean eventually everyone fell on the ground when this one guy from the orange team, who has to be about 3oo lbs, only 5'5 and can't run really fast took over as QB, went to run in for a TD. We all let him get in and watched him dive. It was hysterical. Seriously, this was a game that should have been on camera. However, our team, the misfits as we call ourselves, made history. We were the first to put a girl on the field for football and she scored a TD in the game.

posted by Total Core Fitness Bootcamp @ 6/07/2006 07:05:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Author

Coach Ryan

Ryan is twenty seven years old and recently married. Him and his wife are expecting their first child in May. One of his current jobs is as a personal trainer. He also volnteers as a youth football head coach, the players are 8-11 yrs old.

About This Blog

This blog is the thoughts and ramblings of what goes on in my head. Sometimes it could be modivational and other times it could be complete insanity. Thats the beauty of it all.

Additional Information

I will eventually add more information in here. If you want to get to know me more, follow some of the links. I reccomend reading all the blogs I have linked here.


Web This Blog

About me

Archives

Previous Posts

Links

My Project